|Back To Home|
The Nepal National Library was first established in 1957 at Singha Durbar with the personal collection of the king’s Preceptor, the late Hem Raj Pandey. It was later moved to its present location at the Harihar Bhawan in Pulchowk, Lalitpur. At the outset, the library had an impressive collection of 43,000 books and periodicals, including those brought in as a result of the amalgamation of the Central Secretariat Library. The library has an impressive collection of more than 82,000 books, documents and periodicals in different languages including Nepali, English, Sanskrit, and others. Copies of old newspapers have also been well archived here.